Vkidz is a cutting edge ed tech company based in Ft Lauderdale FL with an onsite staff of 55 professionals. The mission of the company is to provide effective and innovative educational products.
We have several development teams within the different divisions of the company, which range in size from 2 to 6 developers. Our teams use modern application development techniques and best practices, such as TDD and Agile methodologies. As a member of our team, you’ll have many opportunities to expand your skillset doing what you enjoy.
The currently open position will be working with VocabularySpellingCity.
VocabularySpellingCity is a game-based website and app used to build literacy skills with vocabulary and spelling for K-12th grade. The site and app is widely used, with approximately 6% of US elementary school students using the service. VocabularySpellingCity is a freemium model, with paid membership growing steadily. Visit spellingcity.com.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and support game based learning activities on multiple platforms.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Work with a team of 2 or more developers and designers.
- Ensure designs are executed in compliance with specifications.
- Prepare and produce releases of software components.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code.
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
- 3+ years Experience in Flash, ActionScript, Flex (AS2, AS3)
- Strong HTML 5 skills
- Game development experience a plus
- Experience using cross-platform systems such as Adobe AIR
- Experience developing on mobile platforms
- Experience with MVC design pattern and frameworks a plus
- Experience with native IOS development and objective-C
- Experience consuming RESTful API’s
- Knowledge, and ideally exposure to a PHP or .NET environment
- Must be a Team player
Applicants will be expected to take a knowledge assessment test as part of the interview process. This is a full-time position requiring work on-site only. We are located next to I-95 at Cypress Creek in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
We offer a competitive market salary with very generous medical and dental benefits as well as a matching retirement plan. We maintain a healthy work/life balance. All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. This position does not offer sponsorship. An equal opportunity employer.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Flash ActionScript/HTML 5 Mobile Developer.”
No phone calls. No recruiters.