Literacy Reading Expert
The Literacy Expert should have deep and broad teaching and curriculum experience with phonics-based reading products and a high comfort level with technology-based products.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Help define the needs, features, and target usage for VocabularySpellingCity’s reading and phonics products which are currently in early stage development. The individual should be familiar with the major reading products for emergent literacy, RtI, remedial reading, ESL, and special needs.
- Support the marketing, positioning, and development of VocabularySpellingCity’s existing products by:
- Serve as the liaison between VocabularySpellingCity and the literacy and curriculum specialists in partner schools or districts.
- Communicate regularly with school and district leadership, as well as internal teams; Identify barriers to current educational challenges, provide suggestions to resolve challenges.
- Communicate effectively with internal teams such as executive staff, design coordinators, sales and marketing.
- Create marketing literature addressing current educational issues and solutions provided by VocabularySpellingCity.
- Masters Degree in Education, preferably Reading
- A minimum of 8 years of teaching and curriculum experience
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills with experience as a leader and trainer in use of reading-based educational techniques and products
- Experience with technology-based reading products
- Indepth training on at least two reading products
- Computer and technology skills including an ability to envisage new technology-based educational tools
Applicants will be expected to take a knowledge assessment test as part of the interview process. This is a full-time position requiring work on-site only. We are located next to I-95 at Cypress Creek in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Literacy Expert.”
No phone calls. No recruiters.