Business Development / Vertical Marketing Manager for Educational Technology
VocabularySpellingCity is a game-based website and app used to build literacy skills with vocabulary and spelling for K-12th grade. The site and app is widely used, with approximately 6% of US elementary school students using the service. VocabularySpellingCity is a freemium model, with paid membership growing steadily. Visit spellingcity.com.
Science4Us is an interactive standards-based science curriculum for early elementary education available on the web and as an iPad app. Visit science4us.com.
We are seeking a tech savyy Business Development Manager / Vertical Marketing Manager as a primary pre-sales liaison. Will have a deep understanding of the elementary education market and our products. Will understand how to apply our solutions to addressing key customer challenges. Will identify and communicate with schools and school systems that are equipped to be large volume users of our mobile and online products. Will outreach to teachers and educational leaders to identify opportunities within their interest groups, associations, forums and venues. Should possess a combination of sales and marketing skills to serve as a strategic consultant to drive sales.
This full-time position involves some travel. The preferred base is Ft. Lauderdale, FL (HQ) but it can be located anywhere.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Platforms (iPad, Android, and Chromebook)
- Markets within schools (ELL, ESE, etc.)
- Venues (EdCamps, Conferences)
- Educator groups (Google Certified Teachers, Apple Distinguished Educators, etc.)
Key tasks include participating with partners at major conferences, building relationships with partner field sales organizations, and establishing co-marketing programs. Outreach using social media to build relationships with influencers in education. Provide presentations at different customer levels, analyzing and recommending solutions relevant to the audience. Participation as needed in the training, implementation and custom technology execution.
- Drive new growth in the K-12 market.
- Understand the challenges that school districts and teachers face and demonstrate how our apps can help to solve them.
- Manage client relationships to identify up-sell opportunities.
- Work with sales, marketing, and product management teams to align efforts.
- Provide support and deliver presentations at events and other seminars, conferences and customer events.
Skills & Experience:
- Master’s Degree (preferred but not required) in Education, Technology, Marketing or Business.
- Requires 5 years professional experience in K-12 education technology sales and marketing, ideally with a top tier education software company.
- Candidate should be passionate about application of technology in education (both the current application of technology and tracking future trends).
- Ability to execute solution selling strategies through strategic account planning, customer research, and application of value selling techniques.
- Solid understanding of marketing to school and school districts and their buying cycle.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills, including development of sales presentations and live product presentations and demos.
- Ability to perform independently, prioritize work, and work collaboratively with internal groups.
- Experience managing projects, especially new implementations.
- Requires problem solving ability and skill to adapt to shifting priorities to meet organizational goals.
- Requires good interpersonal skills.
- Key qualities include: solid work ethic, dependability, initiative, strong integrity and accountability, high level of flexibility, creativity, and imagination.
We offer a competitive market salary with very generous medical and dental benefits as well as a matching retirement plan. We maintain a healthy work/life balance. All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. This position does not offer sponsorship. An equal opportunity employer.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Business Development / Vertical Marketing Manager.”
No phone calls. No recruiters.
Specialities: Education Solutions, Interactive Learning, Education Software, Learning Technology