Business Development / International Marketing Manager for Educational Technology
VocabularySpellingCity is a game-based website and app used to build literacy skills with vocabulary and spelling for K-12th grade. The site and app is widely used, with approximately 6% of US elementary school students using the service. VocabularySpellingCity is a freemium model, with paid membership growing steadily. Visit spellingcity.com.
Science4Us is an interactive standards-based science curriculum for early elementary education available on the web and as an iPad app. Visit science4us.com.
We are seeking a tech savyy Business Development Manager / International Marketing Manager as a primary sales and marketing professional. Will have a deep understanding of the global education market and our products. Will understand how to apply our solutions to addressing key customer challenges. Will identify and communicate with schools, school systems, and groups that are equipped to be large volume users of our mobile and online products. Will outreach to educational leaders and teachers to identify opportunities within their interest groups, associations, government education offices, forums and venues. Should possess a combination of sales and marketing skills to drive sales. Possess the proven ability to consistently meet revenue objectives.
This full-time position involves some travel. The preferred base is Ft. Lauderdale, FL (HQ) but it can be located anywhere.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- non-US schools where English is the primary language, such as English language international schools
- non-US schools and groups where students are learning English as a second language
- non-US government education offices
Outreach using social media to build relationships with influencers in education. Provide presentations at different customer levels, analyzing and recommending solutions relevant to the audience. Participation as needed in the training, implementation and custom technology execution.
- Drive new growth in the K-12 market.
- Drive new growth in the post-secondary market to English language learners.
- Manage client relationships to identify up-sell opportunities.
- Work with sales, marketing, and product management teams to align efforts.
- Provide support and deliver presentations at events and other seminars, conferences and customer events.
Must be flexible with work hours to accommodate client time zones
Skills & Experience:
- Master’s Degree (preferred but not required) in Education, Technology, International Marketing Management or International Business.
- Requires 5 years professional experience in international K-12 education technology sales and marketing, ideally with a top tier education software company.
- Experience as a reseller in educational products.
- Candidate should be passionate about application of technology in education (both the current application of technology and tracking future trends).
- Ability to execute solution selling strategies through strategic account planning, customer research, and application of value selling techniques.
- Solid understanding of marketing to schools and school districts and their buying cycle.
- Familiarity with international educational standards.
- Understand the challenges that international school districts and teachers face and demonstrate how our products can help to solve them.
- Solid experience in nuances in cross cultural communication and international market planning.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills in English, including development of sales presentations and live product presentations and demos.
- Ability to perform independently, prioritize work, and work collaboratively with internal groups.
- Experience managing projects, especially new implementations.
- Requires problem solving ability and skill to adapt to shifting priorities to meet organizational goals.
- Requires good interpersonal skills.
- Key qualities include: solid work ethic, dependability, initiative, strong integrity and accountability, high level of flexibility, creativity, and imagination.
We offer a competitive market salary with very generous medical and dental benefits as well as a matching retirement plan. We maintain a healthy work/life balance. All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. This position does not offer sponsorship. An equal opportunity employer.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Business Development / International Marketing Manager.”
No phone calls. No recruiters.
Specialities: Education Solutions, Interactive Learning, Education Software, Learning Technology