Spelling Practice Made Easy
- Perfect fit for Literacy Centres
- Builds Vocabulary Skills and Improves Spelling
- Engages Students through Gameplay
- Proven Effective for Thousands of Classrooms Worldwide
Australian Voice Feature
Your students can now hear, see, break down, & play with words in their native accent with our Australian voice feature. Play the video to learn how.
- Built-in words and definitions support several English regions
- English regions include the US, UK, Australia, & New Zealand
- Create your own spelling lists with definitions
- Help us improve: suggest words to add to our database
Easy-to-Use Tools for Teachers
Effortlessly reinforce vocabulary and spelling instruction with:
- Game-based literacy centre activities
- Word lists aligned to curriculum and standards
- Automated testing and grading to track student progress
- Generated student reports
Fun & Effective Spelling Practice
Over 40 learning activities give students the spaced, repeated practice that promotes deep learning and is proven to increase retention - all while having fun!
- Engaging and interactive spelling practice
- Repetition through games, activities, & practice tests
- Immediate feedback helps students gain confidence and build word knowledge
- Review lists based on students' progress
Proven to Increase Vocabulary Retention
Independent research shows that VocabularySpellingCity significantly impacts student reading comprehension and vocabulary retention.
- 43% increase in vocabulary retention scores
- 21.5% increase in reading comprehension for English speakers
- 46.5% increase in reading comprehension for EAL/D
"VocabularySpellingCity became an essential component of the spelling program because all the activities and games were relevant to the students' spelling lists. The children enjoyed the experience. I had no difficulty generating my spelling lists, adjusting word meanings, publishing lists and removing lists from view. When I needed assistance, VocabularySpellingCity was quick to respond"
- Sheryl Greaves, teacher, Education Queensland, Australia (TrustPilot review)