Room3 WPS' Vocabulary and Spelling Online Resources
Your child should learn a few new words each week and revise words previously worked on. Even though they can spell them correctly one day, it does not necessarily mean that they will be able to the following week. They really know a word when they are using it correctly in their independent writing.
Lists will be tested a couple of times throughout the next two terms but not on a weekly basis. If your child knows the words in their current list, please write a note in their yellow reading journal requesting the next list. I will have a look at their independent writing and see if they are regularly using them correctly and get back to you.
|Vocabulary and Spelling Lists|
|List(s) Not in Groups|
- US State Games - Pick a state or the US.
- Keyboarding Practice - Typing games to build skills.
- Math Facts Practice - Have fun drilling on math facts.
- Learn about Syllables - A great lesson with activities.
- Play Hig Pig (rhyming games) - The best free time word game.
- Online Crossword Puzzle - Crossword puzzles for all levels.
- Figurative Expressions Games - What does "a piece of cake" mean?
- Letter Blocks - Practice forming words from letter blocks.
- Word Roots - Games that teach word roots to unlock English.
- Educational Games - Learning games for kids.
- Build English Vocabulary - Games to build language skills.
- Online Writing Courses - Time4Writing classes run eight weeks.
- Online Interactive Curriculum - PreK-12th afterschool & homeschool subscription site.