Want Our App?
Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Words Their Way powerpoint help

Words Their Way powerpoint help 3 years, 6 months ago #3743

I'm a home educator and discovered WTW from an employee of my husband's. She was working for him part-time and going to school to obtain her Masters in Education. I can't say enough good things about WTW. I will say that it integrates extremely well with SC! I found some this PP and have my sons do this first thing Monday morning before they get on SC to play two games. They have to say the word and guess which category it goes under. Then they click on the word it goes to the correct category. This really helps them see right away the words they will be working with that week but also begins to get them thinking about how the words are spelled and why they are separated that way. I don't know if this something that can be translated into a classroom of more than two but I thought I would share the resource. Enjoy! The site is educationextras.com/WithinWordPatternSorts.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: slinville, nryles

Re: Words Their Way powerpoint help 2 years, 11 months ago #4628

Thank you, jmasek, for an excellent resource. I started doing Words Their Way in my classroom this year, with three spelling groups. I have been doing a word sort on a pocket chart with each group on Monday to introduce the words. Each week I have to enlarge the words and cut them out beforehand (for three groups). And having students place the cards on the chart always seems to make the lesson run long. I have a projector connected to my computer, so I can easily use this. There is less preparation, the words are easy to see, and I think it will go faster. I will try it tomorrow!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds
VocabularySpellingCity® is a registered trademark.
Premium Activities

Sorry, this activity is available to Premium Members only.

If you are a Premium Member, click here to log in to your account.

Want to know about Premium Membership? Just $29.99/yr for a family or $49.99/yr for a classroom. Learn more

Sorry. This feature is available
to Premium Members only.

Click here to upgrade to a Premium Membership

Learn more about this and other Premium features available to teachers at $49.99/yr per classroom or to families at $29.99/year