Featured Vocabulary and Spelling Lists
Teachers: We have Parent Letters available to print and send home with your students' word lists.
30 Learning GamesSee all activities!
- An award-winning game-based learning tool for vocabulary, spelling, writing and language arts
- A K-12 educational service used worldwide by schools and families
- 50,000 words and 60,000 sentences read by a real person
- Access via mobile app for your tablet and smart phone,or online via computer and interactive whiteboard
- Correlation to educational standards
- School and district-level reports
Membership: Free or Premium
Buy a Premium Membership to enjoy ALL of our features at a low cost:
- Vocabulary, writing, spelling, and language arts activities
- Access to ALL games and interactive Flash Cards
- Student progress tracking
- Automated testing and grading
- Personalized learning with assignments for differentiated instruction
- Student logins with no commercial ads
The VocabularySpellingCity Story
VocabularySpellingCity provides spelling, vocabulary, writing and language arts activities for K-12 cross-curricular word study. We created the site to automate spelling tests, give students immediate feedback, and save teachers the time it takes to administer, grade and record the tests. We aspire to provide students with engaging games to motivate study and promote academic success. We aim to continually advance our services while providing helpful and courteous support.
We appreciate teachers, parents and homeschoolers who recommend our site and mobile apps to colleagues and friends. Thank you to all the teachers who have shared their best classroom practices using VocabularySpellingCity via online reviews, conference presentations and social media posts. We especially appreciate our members' insightful input, which helps guide our product development.
The VocabularySpellingCity team has also developed Science4Us.com which provides an elementary core science curriculum specifically for kindergarten, first grade, and second grade. Science4Us supports teachers and provides student activities both online and offline using the 5E instructional model.
VocabularySpellingCity.com shares technology with this vocabulary website. We are grateful for the support of Time4Learning.com (homeschooling curriculum, afterschool online study), Time4Writing.com (online writing courses), and LearningGamesforKids.com (typing games, two player games, multiplication games).