- Video: How VocabularySpellingCity works
- A research-based vocabulary supplement providing the tools and training for vocabulary building and retention
- Engaging activities allow students to read, hear, speak, write, and break down words and sentences
- Thousands of customizable word lists on academic and content vocabulary, popular reading programs, and many other subjects
- Reports for educators and parents
- Immediate feedback for students
- Available on the web or as an app on iPads, iPhones, and Android devices
- Correlation to Common Core, state, and international educational standards
- Used by more than 5 million students in districts, schools, and families worldwide
Register as a Free Member to access some activities. Or start as a Premium Member for immediate access to ALL features.
VocabularySpellingCity provides spelling, vocabulary, writing, and language arts activities for K-12 cross-curricular word study. We work closely with our members to continually refine our offerings and welcome feedback and suggestions.
Our primary focus is now on vocabulary, especially the meaning of words used in specific contexts. We offer seven vocabulary games and activities, plus two writing activities, in which students can demonstrate their mastery of the meaning of words by using them in context, writing their own sentences and paragraphs.
Our activities to build phonological awareness and phonics skills use a patent-pending technology developed by VocabularySpellingCity. These games let students see and hear words sounded out, spelled, and used in a sentence.
The VocabularySpellingCity team has also developed Science4Us.com, which provides an elementary core science curriculum for kindergarten, first grade, and second grade. Science4Us supports teachers and provides student activities both online and offline using the 5E instructional model.
Thank you to all the teachers who have shared their best classroom practices using VocabularySpellingCity via online reviews, conference presentations and social media posts. We especially appreciate our members' insightful ideas, which help guide our product development. Another thank you to those parents who have introduced VocabularySpellingCity to their children’s teachers and, in some cases, purchased it for the whole class. We’d also like to express our appreciation for the valuable feedback provided by our tens of thousands of homeschool families.
We look forward to a continued partnership in learning!
VocabularySpellingCity.com is grateful for the support of Time4Learning.com (providing homeschool curriculum, homeschooling resources and after school enrichment), Time4Writing.com (writing for kids, online writing courses that build writing skills and help master English writing), and Science4Us (standards-based kids science for early learning that also builds literacy and math skills).VocabularySpellingCity.com shares technology with this vocabulary games site.